Bethel Grace Abbey Mission

This is the online outreach for Bethel Grace Abbey Mission. May our efforts to serve the hurting and homeless souls of Southern California reach to the level He has set for us. May His Glory shine through the darkness and be evident in all we do at Bethel Grace Abbey. These are only our humble beginnings, but through His love, we can move mountains. Thank you for joining us on our mission. May your life be as blessed as mine has become.
In His Loving Grace,
Jennifer Joy

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Zapato

Shoe.

Shoes.

Something about a shoe.

This is how The Lord talks to me sometimes. He was telling me that “when I find my shoe, no other shoe would ever drop.”

I know that He speaks in riddles, in parables, and therefore a shoe is not necessarily a shoe.

I also know that having no more shoes drop does not mean I will never have trouble in my life from that point forward. I’m not one of those Christians, the ones who have such a Polly-Anna attitude that they seem to block out all negativity and all painful emotions. Nope. I know bad things will happen. But I also know that, through it all, God is and will forever be by my side.

The significance of another shoe dropping in this hurting person’s life was a sense of constant dread that another overwhelming thing would inevitably befall me, to further destroy my life, my resolve, my well-being. I lived with this constant fear for a long time.

When The Holy Spirit promised, “no other shoe would ever drop,” He was promising that I would be capable of handling anything that came my way because I have Him to depend on. I have learned to trust again, and I have learned to depend on God to get me through things. It is a peace that surpasses understanding.

“And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phil 4:7

I will be able to handle anything that comes my way because I have Him to depend on. We are never promised, once we accept Christ as our savior, that we will live a life without strife, quite the contrary; however, we are promised that if we trust Him, we will be able to handle our problems without getting overwhelmed.

IMG_1182[1]I found my shoe that is not a shoe. I immediately recognized her as my shoe, and then the facts just clicked to back up my overwhelming sense that this tiny Pit puppy was my shoe. She was essentially dropped on my daughter’s doorstep. She was no bigger than a shoe, being maybe three weeks old at the time. And her father’s name is Botas, which means boots.

IMG_1178[1]His leading me through this has helped to bolster my confidence. It was another step in becoming the woman He created me to be. I am so very grateful for this vote of confidence from Our Benevolent Father.

“For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.” 2 Cor 1:5

IMG_1179[1]I named this little Pit pup “Zapato” because it means shoe. And to ease your fears, no, we did not take on yet another dog. My daughter is keeping her, but she is still my heart’s Zapato.

 

My prayer for you today is that you will come to experience the peace and comfort found in Christ’s loving sacrifice.

Blessings,

Jennifer Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment