Bethel Grace Abbey Mission

This is the online outreach for Bethel Grace Abbey Mission. May our efforts to serve the hurting and homeless souls of Southern California reach to the level He has set for us. May His Glory shine through the darkness and be evident in all we do at Bethel Grace Abbey. These are only our humble beginnings, but through His love, we can move mountains. Thank you for joining us on our mission. May your life be as blessed as mine has become.
In His Loving Grace,
Jennifer Joy

Friday, November 22, 2013

The Compassionate Pug

IMG_0859My five-year-old Tinker Belle is one amazing dog. I have always known this, for she has soothed my pain and eased my suffering since she was a pup. Her innate abilities led me to give her special training, so that she could go with me everywhere I go. She has been my service dog for several years now, able to search out my pain and then offer me comfort. She has also been my anxiety and panic dog, able to calm me in some of the worst panic attacks I have ever experienced. Thankfully, The Lord has blessed me, healing me from my panic attacks, and so my Tinker Belle has less “work” to do these days.

IMG_0109Maybe this lack of “work” is what led her to rescue a kitten Tuesday morning. When my husband, Ken, took Tinker on her morning walk, Tinker led him in an area they usually don’t go, between the service buildings at the RV park where we are staying this week. As they were passing a small porch on one of the sheds, Ken heard soft mewing. So he began looking for its source, and as he and Tinker were standing there, out came a very tiny kitten. This little kitten approached Tinker and attempted to suckle, obviously very hungry from being alone all night. Although Tinker wanted nothing to do with being nursed on by a kitten, she patiently led the small kitten back to its mama, with Ken’s help.

IMG_0650I wish he had been able to get pictures. It had to have been an amazing sight to see a Pug leading a tiny kitten to safety.

As this small parade approached where Ken had remembered seeing the mama and kittens before, another kitten came out from under an RV, full of happiness at seeing his missing littermate. And this is how the little lost kitten reunited with the rest of his family who were living under an RV.

Unfortunately, this park is being overrun by feral cats. I have heard more than a few people say they would like to help with catching, spaying and neutering, and finding them all homes, but few people have yet to step up with anything more than setting food out (and the park frowns on this small act of compassion,not wanting to encourage even more cats to call the park home). It is unfortunate that not turning our words into deeds has become so prevalent in this day and age.

My prayer for today is for the animals, these and all feral cats. May some angel walk into their lives and find mercy and compassion in their hearts to find these little blessings each a loving home of their own.

Until then, I will pray for the resources and the funds to do just that.

In His Holy Name,

Jennifer Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment