Bethel Grace Abbey Mission

This is the online outreach for Bethel Grace Abbey Mission. May our efforts to serve the hurting and homeless souls of Southern California reach to the level He has set for us. May His Glory shine through the darkness and be evident in all we do at Bethel Grace Abbey. These are only our humble beginnings, but through His love, we can move mountains. Thank you for joining us on our mission. May your life be as blessed as mine has become.
In His Loving Grace,
Jennifer Joy

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Aim Higher

010There was a property I thought would be perfect for our mission. We could have housed eleven families. I was really excited about it, but then I became confused and frustrated when God kept telling me, “No.” Turns out, I was using my human pea-brain too much and not recognizing the God-given potential of our mission.

P4280458It was as if we were artists in our hearts but had never even been given crayons as a child.

I’ve been compiling lists of community resources for the past few days. There’s a lot out there, but there still is never enough to meet the need, as most of the shelters have long waiting lists. As I was checking out the various shelters, soup kitchens, and food pantries online, something sparked in my imagination. Among these were models quite similar to what God has placed in my heart to do, and these models, these shelters are quite sizeable. I must go check them out in person, to harvest the bounty of their seasoned experience, their knowledge and wisdom.

85550019My husband, using his own human pea-brain, said that the property God has told me “no” about was far too small to contain what’s in my heart. It seems I must pay attention more to the wisdom around me, as well as God’s wisdom. I said, “This would be a good starting point,” and He and my husband Ken said, “Aim higher.”

98390020I’m glad they are both on my side.

In the margin, you can now find links to the lists I have  compiled. As I come across more information, I will update the lists.

My prayer for you today is that if you find yourself in great need, someone will help you find the perfect solution, shining brightly, a small nugget of hope.

In His Name,

Jennifer Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment